2021 What a great year, when I do the math it turns out that is the year of 5. 2+2+1=5, and if you take the 0 out and move it to the right it is 50
Here is the year in a nutshell,
- Multiple events in the year, compare to just one last year
- Fortunate to be able complete another injure free year
- Completed once in a century opportunity (Well maybe not in a century) be able to complete the Tobacco Road Half Marathon and Full Marathon in the same year – The Caboose Challenge
- Completed my 1st official 50 Miler (PR no matter what, right?)
- Completed the 1X1X12 Challenge
- I turned 50 this year
- Finished 3rd in my age group at The Root Rock Half Marathon
- 50 Half Marathons milestone
- Completed my 5th Derby 50k – Recieved my 5 timer vest
- Finished 2rd in my age group at Durham Race13.1 Half Marathon, included cash award too
- One final push of long runs the last week of December to complete another year with over 2,400 miles covered.
- I feel very blessed of having another injury-free year
- Continued with the previous yearly challenge of running 13.1 distance at least once a week. Over 310 weeks and going.
- Re started the insane runners group. Lots of great conversations.
- Completed another Guinness World Record – Largest Virtual Runners Event.
I am very grateful that 2021 was a fantastic running year. After 2020 being a super challenging one with the pandemic, this was a great comeback year. So many miles with good friends and family. I am very grateful for all the support that I received from family, peers, the medical community, FB & Strava friends, running groups, and running clubs. They all provided the energy, advice, and encouragement to continue to run and continue to improve in my personal life.
Once again I want to say thanks to my friends and family that in one way or another provided their support and patience while I continue with my insane running!
Happy New 2022!